Have you ever had moments in your life where you go I wish I had known the things I know now and made different decisions when I was younger?
Well, today this is my letter to my younger self in regards to a few of the things I wish I had made different decisions about and practised.
- Trust and Love the people God has placed in your path
- Open up and learn to be real and honest with your loved ones
- Don’t take life too seriously
- Make prayer the most important thing in your life
- Don’t neglect your personal time with God
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Keep singing
- There will be moments in your life that you just want to give up but just know that The Lord will always be by your side
- God will give you friendships that you could never create on your own so don’t try to create your own friendships based purely on likes.
- Never give up on your dreams and passions.
- Always learn to see people as God sees them( see through his eyes)
- Don’t try to please people because you will never feel good enough
- Spend more time with your family
- Pray for your siblings
- Learn and value the importance of Prayer
- Forgive and forget
- Take swimming lessons
- Get your learners before you are 18 because you will really wish you had
- God will have you moving from house to house for a purpose so learn to enjoy the process and don’t spend your time judging or criticising others.
- And most of all guard your heart so that things of this world don’t corrupt or take away your joy!!
So there, younger me these are all I the things I am learning slowly but I know would have made my teenage years easier if I had paid attention to, and not just how I felt. I know though that nothing happens accidentally that God hasn’t planned so, it was planned for you to walk on these paths in order to now know the things you have learnt from your experiences. So because of this there are no regrets just pray that you will learn what it truly is to be a woman of prayer and worship. I pray that through all the things you have gone through that your faith and love for God has grown stronger but most of all you have learnt to entrust yourself to him and NO ONE ELSE!!!!
Thanks, heaps guys for coming by to check out my post but stay tuned because next week I will be doing a followup on this one. It will be a Dear Future Me Letter.
If you go back and say a few words to your younger self what would you say and why?